SV: SV: Information and Natural Languages

From: Brier S�ren <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 12 Dec 1997 - 12:59:02 CET

Dear Rafaello

It is very interesting to consider if there are qualitative basic
different kinds of existing in the world.

Like Aristotle I think that there are levels of subjectivity but cannot
anymore see any reasonability of the mechanistic idea of physical being.
Classical physics misuses the Greek term of physis.

Once - especially the empiricists - thought that you could observe
passively. Nobody can hold that view any more after the quantum physics
observer discussion. So I will hold that an observer is also a doer.

Venlig hilsen/Best wishes

Assoc. Prof. Ph. D. S�ren Brier
Royal School of Library and Information Science, Aalborg Branch
Langagervej 4, DK-9220 Aalborg �st
Telephone: +45 98 157922 , Fax: +45 98 151042
Homepage: http://www.db.dk/dbaa/sbr/home_uk.htm
Ed. & Publisher of Cybernetics & Human Knowing