with respect to Subject: tech. note & comments

From: goppold <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 22 Dec 1997 - 20:28:12 CET

Pedro C. MARIJUAN
Dept. of Electronics and Informatics,
Universidad de Zaragoza
Maria de Luna 3
E-50015 Zaragoza
Espania

Hi Pedro! & season's greetings!

with respect to Subject: tech. note & comments

Are you referring in your email to some WWW-discourses -
I wonder if you have some bookmarks where
these are happening?

About the papers of the last FIS:
will the long versions be available in www or internal
distribution for conference members?

Since the publications are also usually not available in the local
library, so this would be of great help.

do you know what the policy is with respect to the FIS WWW page
who may appear there and who not? i.e. I didn't find any reference
to my presence. I don't want to appear paranoid, but I somehow
have the impression that Hofi and Fleissner don't care much
about my contributions. what's your impression?

This is a very nice statement in the vein of the ERT paradigm.
They published in Nature. What do you think, should I write to
Nature and tell them that I have a theory for this?

- I cannot help but reiterating my present skepticism about the deepest
ontological considerations. When Cao and Aitchison (1997, Nature, 388,
p.
340) discuss, in the context of theoretical physics, about STRUCTURAL
REALISM (I played by heart and partially failed with the term in my last
message--thanks, Soeren), they hold that "the structural relations
between
entities (often expressed by mathematical structure) in a succesful
theory
should be taken as real, rather than the entities themselves". Perhaps
that�s all far we can presently go on most of the paradoxes of "quantum"
existence, apart from being very suspitious in front of both particles
and/or waves...