Re: SV: FIS discussion and call for papers

From: roberto kampfner <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 06 Feb 1998 - 19:42:07 CET

  Dear Brier:

 I agree with your observation:
> on the relation
> between perceptual action and the concept of information in nature. In
> my opinion this is where cybernetic consideration meet with semiotics
> around the process of signification.

 I also think that Werner's notions of free and bound information provide
a nice framework for the analysis. One consequence of dealing with various
levels of organization seems to be the need to consider couplings of free
and bound information probably nested at those levels.

 Thanks for the invitation to the cybernetics conference. I will certainly
try to participate.

 Regards

 Roberto