Re: Biological Information

From: Gunter Dubrau <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 13 Feb 1998 - 17:03:47 CET

Sorry, hope this will not be a dialog over this mailing list,
but I think my answers explain my position more clearly.

> > > * What is information ?
> >
> > All things around us are informations.
> This makes no sense to me. If everything is information why we try
> to define it ???? Then its no need in any definition.

Yes. There is no need of definition. Only this recursive concept is
needed for practical useable consequences (Kaleidoscope-Principle).

> Information is a basic concept and that means
> it cannot be deduced to other concepts.

I think so.

> Other basic concepts are mass, energy etc. which in fact also
> cannot be defined in a strict deductive sence (see Poincare !!!)

No, this are again informations. Mass is not a basic concept. It is
an interpretation of an information structures. Other will interprete
it in another way.

> > Matter and energy are also informations consists of informations
> What daoe it mean ????????????

The as for Mass.

> > And Measurement are the possibility for human to percept informations.
> >
> I agree with Wiener: Information is information not matter nor energy !!!!!

.. and so you can not define it with matter nor energy.

Regards, Gunter Dubrau.

-->
Gunter Dubrau
(Softwareergonomie- und Design-Beratung)
  --> Tel.: +49 351 83 620 83
  --> e-mail: gunter.dubrau@inf.tu-dresden.de
  --> internet: http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~gd1