Re: cells are smart

From: Rafael Capurro, Professor <[email protected]>
Date: Sat 21 Feb 1998 - 20:58:44 CET

Dear Koichiro,

sorry for puting Werner's words in your mouth (or mail!), but as we
are all inter-related, what we think and say is in some way what
others have thought and said (or not-thought, not-said).
One way of getting rid of Newtonian (metaphysical) time was
Heideggers conception of the human way of being as being in (or _as_)
time in a radically different way as all other things (we know of)
are, i.e. as being _ex-tended_ between the difference (!) of past,
present and future, grasping this difference _as such_. This was a
way of (in Popper's terms) falsifying the classical (metaphysical)
ideal, that all things are _in_ time in the same way. But, indeed,
this does not mean, that living beings are in the same way _in_ time
as, say, chairs or stars... Thus, your question concerning the
relation of _information_ to _time_ becomes a question of how beings
are in time and how their different _being in time_ is interrelated
to each other. In other words, we have to do with an extremely
complex situation...
sayonara
rafael