Re: ... regard to a (cognitive) structure

From: roberto kampfner <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 12 May 1998 - 04:18:49 CEST

 Dear Rafael and all:

 I am sorry it took me so long to answer.... I would like to continuee
the same thread.

 Rafael: Earlier you said that it si important to consider "the
differences between the differences that make a difference and teh systems
(human beings) who know about this." I think that an important, related
question is: what is the difference between information processing in an
unconscious manner (e.g. intercellular signalling andd communic
ation),
and
information processing as it is done by a cognitive system. I think that
this distinction becomes especially important when we focus on information
processing in the nervous system, and by the conscious brain, as opposed
to information processing at a lower, physiological level. This
distinction would apply, I presume, to differences between human
information processing, and information processing as performed by
computers.

 Regards,

 Roberto