Re: Info War / the technology of the lie

From: Gottfried Stockinger <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 03 Nov 1998 - 17:17:36 CET

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: goppold <goppold@faw.uni-ulm.de>
An: Multiple recipients of list <fis@listas.unizar.es>
Datum: Ter�a-feira, 3 de Novembro de 1998 08:25
Betreff: Info War / the technology of the lie
>fis discussion and
>Social Information, New media ("Gottfried Stockinger" , Wed 17:24)

>> So we have to look, as you say, for new media.
>> That can only be, IMO, a media made out of
>> a non-rites and non-force kind. A media that (like art and tecnology, as
>> you mention) helps social creativity to come out to wipe off the "unfit"
>> VEMs

[Goppold]
>Actually there is an age-old time-honored way,
>"a media made out of a non-rites and non-force kind"
>for wiping off the "unfit" without using force:
>The technologies of "Info War", Deception, Manipulation, or short: "the
>technology of the lie".

[Stockinger]
You are right, on the one hand. (Old) media and manipulation go hand in
hand. But lie does not come out of media. That is as if one would say that
the sound-waves are responsible for telling the untruth.

[Goppm previous]
>We can turn around Clausewitz' dictum and presume, that when the cold
>'info war'
>of the dominating sectors of society against the subdued ones
>(those who actually build the pyramids and the monuments)
>doesn't work any more, then "real war" (or revolution) will happen.

[S]
Yes, thats how it was. There have been these hot wars, and cold war came
after, and now we are dealing with the garbage left after both of them.
The same apllies to the "Info War" technologies of plain lies by the
Europeans to the AmerIndians etc.
Do you really thing that people(s) did not grow up sufficently having
learned the lectures of the past?
Are we really unable to create new media, that means: new communication
matter dealing with peace and coopearation, even if its done throug the
"old hardware" �(Rv, computers etc.)?

Regards

Gottfried