Re: metaphors / Interfil

From: Jerry LR Chandler <[email protected]>
Date: Sun 06 Dec 1998 - 16:18:51 CET

E. Taborsky wrote:

> Does one consider that an entity changes, in the sense of a full
> movement of that entity, from one 'tense' to another? That is, is
> Koichiro's present tense (or past tense) differentiated from the
> present progressive tense in a serial and linear manner - or in a
> hierarchical manner? Isn't an entity living in both the present and
> present progressive tenses - at the same spatiotemporal instant? The
> difference is in the level of complexity of potential interactions.
>
> This compares with such other multiple levels (and I don't mean
> multiple worlds) as Aristotle's potential and actual and the
> logical levels of subject and predicate. These levels are separate,
> do not merge, and yet, are constantly interfiliated with each other.
> They couldn't exist except within that interfiliation.

I am puzzled by the intented meaning of this message, primarily because
the term "interfiliation" is unknown to me. This term is not given in
the New Shorter Oxford English dictionary (1993).

Could you please provide a definition of the word and it historical
origins?

In particular, is it related to the root 'fil' and hence have a genetic
and biological time dimension intrinsically embodied within it?

Jerry LR Chandler