Re: metaphors

From: Prof. Dr. Rafael Capurro <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 04 Dec 1998 - 20:24:53 CET

your are right. I was just considering the present tense (and past tense) as
_methodological_ foundation for (modern) science. The present progressive
tense includes (_progressive_) past and (!) future tenses, at least in our
case. This _belonging together_ of time tenses in their mutual conditioning
is indeed much more rich (and complex) that the (modern) representation of a
temporal _arrow_ (a metaphor) and the nivelation of time to a sequence of
past, present and future instants (equal to each other). But this
nivellation of time (as Heidegger calls it) is also, I think, the foundation
for _grammatic_ distinctions. Grammar is (can be) sometimes misleading...
Thanks for re-calling this
rafael
-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----