Re: metaphors

From: Prof. Dr. Rafael Capurro <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 04 Dec 1998 - 15:35:53 CET

Dear Pedro,

it is the question (for me) whether living beings _act_ metaphorically i.e.
looking for similarities.

With regard to Koichiro and the two views (the internal and the
objectivizing one, or, in his terms, the present tense and the present
progressive tense): It is the question (for me and for Koichiro too, I
guess) about how to _change_ from one to the other. I we start (as we do,
when we do science) from the present tense, then, I guess, we have no
possibility (or only the _leap_) to bypass to the other one. But this start
is not the original point of view. Evolution starts with the present
progressive tense and science comes (logically and temporally _after_ and
therefore always too late). So the _leap_ (or _jumping back_) is possible
because we are primarily as living beings in the present progressive tense.
kind regards
rafael