Re: It is with great regret...

From: Pedro C. Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 18 Jun 1999 - 13:01:03 CEST

Dear Judith and family,

Tom was a very brilliant multidisciplinary scientist, pioneering the
creation of this new field of studies of Information Science. But above
all, I personally found him an affable and kind colleague, always
comprehensive of any problems and circumstances one could have in
professional and family life. We all will miss a brilliant colleague and I
will miss a good friend.

My personal condolences and of my family

Pedro

Quite probably, our fis colleagues at the ISSS meeting will try to organize
a special discussion session honoring Tom's contributions. In the weeks to
come we could also try to organize some other forms of homage in this
discussion forum, and in the fis www pages.