FIS CALENDAR

From: Pedro C. Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 23 Aug 1999 - 11:05:05 CEST

Dear colleagues,

After the vacation pause, perhaps we should think about starting new
discussion sessions. Actually the past discussions were quite interesting
and we might keep the same format. For instance, a FIS 2000 (virtual
conference) could take place, starting next January in the same way than
FIS 98: a physics part ignited by Koichiro, Werner, and Igor & Abir,
followed by bioinfo with Ray and Jerry, neurosciences (perhaps Peter Erdi
would like to open it), social sciences with Bob, Roberto, me, and others,
plus a concluding part with philosophy, semiotics and even themes of
computer science, etc.

Does it look OK? During these months we could reopen the exchanges and
think on this and other projects (and who knows, maybe a real FIS
conference could also be possible...)

By the way, currently we are around 50 people in this list--I will mail the
subscriber list in a next message. Obviously, in some fields our capacity
of discussion is too limited: shouldn't we make an effort to enlarge the
discussion group? For each one of us it would not be too big an effort to
bring another interesting subscriber to the list.

Anyhow, hope you have had a nice vacation period

best regards

Pedro C. Marijuan. TEL 34 976 761927, FAX --761861 and -- 762111
Dept. Ingen. Electronica y Comunicaciones, CPS Universidad de Zaragoza,
Maria de Luna 3, Zaragoza 50015, SPAIN
email: marijuan@posta.unizar.es