Re: old discussion

From: Pedro C. Marijuan <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 06 Oct 1999 - 13:39:18 CEST

Dear Allan,

sorry for my lack of punctuality --cooperating in the organization of the
Cajal Conference is awfully killing my time.

>>... Perhaps
>> the open issues of contemporary physics (measurement, gravity, time flow,
>> Second Law...) could be related to the dismissal of generative and
>> communicational aspects.
>> In this regard, the partially contradictory
>> ontology of subatomic physics looks quite intriguing.

>I was with you up to this point--I think. Could you unpack this last idea
>a bit more using a combination of communicative information with a Trojan
>Horse of generative information embedded in it for me?
>
>Allan

I am affraid I cannot answer at all your enticing question. Perhaps
Michael�s "fluctuon model" and Koichiro�s "physics of communication"
represent clear instances of theories that emphasize one or another aspect
(generation vs. communication) in the actualization of the constituve
stuff. My trivial hint about that is that the "deep structure" of vacuum
relates to the generative Trojan Horse you mention, but in a distributed
way, implying a massive communication (just by bosons?) within a global
optimization process...

Pedro C. Marijuan. TEL 34 976 761927, FAX --761861 and -- 762111
Dept. Ingen. Electronica y Comunicaciones, CPS Universidad de Zaragoza,
Maria de Luna 3, Zaragoza 50015, SPAIN
email: marijuan@posta.unizar.es