Re: neuro: and what else

From: Bela Banathy <[email protected]>
Date: Sat 22 Apr 2000 - 03:20:24 CEST

Dear Pedro,

I have been a passive observer of this discussion, and will remain more or less so
until this semester is over. The ongoing discussion on info phyla is most
interesting and potentially fruitful. The constitutive, generative, and
communicational aspects capture the notion of information in an intuitively
satisfying, and complete way. I must review the discussion on this before
commenting in more detail, but a few observations come to mind.

A few years ago, following the work of Kampis, I struggled to partition information
into underlying fragments of cohesive (state-referential), active (referential), and
selective (non-referential) information. I could not come up with a conceptual
framework that was complete, and/or easy to relate-to. I think your terminology and
the subsequent discussion are succeeding in this.

Best wishes,

Bela