Re: season greetings

From: Michael Arbib <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 20 Dec 2000 - 20:10:14 CET

At 02:00 PM 12/20/2000 +0100, Pedro Marijuan wrote:

>Has anyone
>had a glance on INFORMATION AGES (Hobart & Schiffman, 1998, The John
>Hopking Un. Press)? Quite an interesting piece, with a post-modern thesis
>on the nature and evolution of social information processing.
>Notwithstanding notorious "absences" --no single word about the biology and
>neuroscience behind our capabilities-- the historical analysis looks
>meaningful for the long-term of our discussions...

Haven't seen it. I enclose a "social account" of my own -- I would welcome
your comments.

Michael A. Arbib
University Professor and Fletcher Jones Professor of Computer Science
Professor of Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering,
        Electrical Engineering, Neuroscience and Psychology
Director, USC Brain Project
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-2520
Phone (213) 740-9220
FAX (213) 740-5687
arbib@pollux.usc.edu
[Additional details for Express Mail: Hedco Neuroscience Building,
Room 5, 3614 Watt Way; Phone Contact 213-740-1176.]
http://www-hbp.usc.edu/people/arbib.htm
http://www-hbp.usc.edu/
http://mitpress.mit.edu/e-books/HBTNN2e
http://www.cs.usc.edu/