Re: Advanced Draft

From: Igor Rojdestvenski <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 13 Dec 2001 - 13:49:16 CET

Just a little idea for further discussion, based on my Soviet past. We were
taught that the main question of philosophy was what is primary: matter or
mind? This question was th borderline between idealism and materialism. I
guess that the concept of information as a primary concept may eliminate the
contradiction here. Information is dual. It is material (as it does not
exist without material carrier). At the same time it is not only material,
as its content is not completely determined by the material properties of
the carrier (wire, book pages, CD medium, etc). Moreover, it depends on the
context, i.e. on the state of mind.

Best wishes, Igor Rojdestvenski.