Re: topic suggestions

From: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 13 Dec 2001 - 14:35:29 CET

(mess. from taborsky@primus.ca)

(Note from Pedro: if people send their messages to the fis list from a
different address from the subscription one, they bounce back, and I have
to reintroduce them ad hoc. I do not grant punctuality at the time
being.... In any case, I agree with the principal comment below...)

I strongly concur with Andrei Igamberdiev's suggestion to remove the
word 'Darwinian' from 'evolution'. As he says, evolution is not
necessarily Darwinian and we do ourselves a disservice to limit that
topic in such a manner. I also agree with his suggestion of 'molecular
recognition' rather than 'molecular similarity' for recognition may
operate in a more complex manner than similarity.

I'd like to add, within the theme of self-organization, the topic of
multiple 'gradients of organization of energy/mass'. This would lead
into a concept of necessary categorical differences between 'data,
information and knowledge'.

Within the physics of information, I'm interested in an architecture
of information that involves both classical and quantum processes -
and I'm particularly interested in two other issues: temporality, ie,
the nature of different phases of time-codification within the
organization of information; and the 'interface', ie, the boundary
zone where different measurement processes 'dialogue' and a new unit
of information emerges.

Edwina Taborsky
39 Jarvis St. #318
Toronto, Ontario M5E 1Z5