Re: "Science is about exploration not about consensus."

From: Rafael Capurro <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 20 Dec 2001 - 11:51:30 CET

Edwina,

the only _problem_ I see with your
mentioning of Popper is that, as far as I
understood him, he is on the long run,
a realist, i.e. he thinks that there is a
final (!) possibility of matching _the truth_
(although asymptotically). This may be
considered as a residue of Western
metaphysics. In that case, and if we
take _evolution_ seriously (i.e. concerning
also the world and our conceptions of
it), then we have to do we different
possibilities of _world construction_
(not just of _constructing things_) and..
we are not alone doing this.
kind regards
Rafael

Prof. Dr. Rafael Capurro, FH Stuttgart, Hochschule der Medien (HdM)
University of Applied Sciences, Wolframstr. 32, 70191 Stuttgart, Germany
E-Mail: capurro@hdm-stuttgart.de; capurro@hbi-stuttgart.de;
rafael@capurro.de
Tel. : +49 - 711 - 25 706 - 182
Universit�t Stuttgart, Institut f�r Philosophie, Dillmannstr. 15, 70049
Stuttgart, Germany
Private: Redtenbacherstr. 9, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany. Tel.: +49 - 721 -
98 22 9 -22 (fax: -21)
Homepage in German/English/Spanish/French: www.capurro.de
ICIE (International Center for Information Ethics): http://icie.zkm.de
-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----