RE: art, shape, and symmetry

From: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 26 Apr 2002 - 12:33:21 CEST

Dear colleagues,

Retaking the recent postings by Jim, John H. and Ted,
there were two paragraphs which I find amazingly similar (Jim & John H)

>"Each individual has a preferred amount of environmental asymmetry, an
>amount that the individual seeks, and finds extremely appetitive. (2) As
>the amount of environmental asymmetry is raised or lowered from this level,
>the environment becomes more and more aversive."

>And it would be nice to discover one day that the folding pattern of RNA
>and the holding shape of the humble paper clip reflected a similar principle
>of functional symmetry...

The whole lot of Ted�s last message becomes too long to be repeated now...

Anyhow, the coming econf. will be a good occasion to continue these
discussions. Please, take note that we will keep receiveing abstracts or
papers UNTIL MAY THE 2nd. Then the three chairs --Koichiro, Peter, and John
C-- will take command andthe received papers and extended abstracts will be
exhibited. Presently there are 15 contributors (plus another half dozen who
are with the finishing touches). After a couple of weeks to glance on the
papers, the chairs will start the discussions on a paper-by-paper basis,
each one receiving a fair amount of discussion time, as needed...

best wishes

Pedro C. Mariju�n
Fundaci�n CIRCE
CPS Univ. Zaragoza, 50018 Zaragoza, Spain
TEL. (34) 976 762036-761863, FAX (34) 976 732078
email: marijuan@posta.unizar.es