Re: kickoff

From: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 07 May 2002 - 15:32:00 CEST

Dear Koichiro,

Thanks a lot for the very elegant 'primer'. For my taste, in a couple of
paragraphs (below), you have encapsulated the whole fis mission. My
question (unfortunately have had no time to read carefully John's and
Andrei's yet, what I promise to do this weekend) is about the extent to
which, in your opinion, we are advancing towards the collective synthesis.
Ted was openly optimistic weeks ago... Personally I think that in between
'Darwin' and 'Adam Smith' principles (fitness and utility) we are still
missing a central arch for the theoretical info bridge. Curiously Ram�n y
Cajal attempted a principle of 'brain bookeeping economy' 100 years ago,
but has received little attention). Your posting strongly reminds me on
that missing arch... (it reminds Leyton's neurodynamics and
neurosymmetries too)

>bookkeeping between supplier and consumer is the sole means for tailoring
>such an exquisite and unbelievable invisible hand. Adam Smith must have
>anticipated what the 21st century would be going to accomplish in the name
>of information.

>Information at the turn of the 21st century seems to be a thread
>connecting physics, chemistry, biology and even economics. A common
>denominator is serious negotiation between supplier and consumer.

best

Pedro C. Mariju�n
Fundaci�n CIRCE
CPS Univ. Zaragoza, 50018 Zaragoza, Spain
TEL. (34) 976 762036-761863, FAX (34) 976 732078
email: marijuan@posta.unizar.es