Re: kickoff

From: Koichiro Matsuno <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 08 May 2002 - 10:45:47 CEST

Pedro,

>Personally I think that in between
>'Darwin' and 'Adam Smith' principles (fitness and utility) we are still
>missing a central arch for the theoretical info bridge.

   Your remark touches upon the relationship between Charles Darwin and the
economists of his time. In school, I learned that Darwin got his economics
from Malthus as a champion of the dismal science, instead of from Adam
Smith. Could it simply be a historical accident? If Darwin had consulted
Smith, the course since then would have been much more different than what
we see today.

   Cheers,
   Koichiro

     Koichiro Matsuno