Re: kickoff

From: by way of [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 10 May 2002 - 14:00:52 CEST

capurro@hdm-stuttgart.de

> Can anyone suggest a new word for the specifically causal notion?
> Preferably one that is too ugly to be appropriated :-)
>
> John

John,

I use the word 'angeletic'
I know it is ugly ;-( but it is (etymologically) related to 'angelia'
which is the Greek word for 'message', so as we build 'logic'
from 'logos'. Of course there is a mythical link to 'angels', but
this must not necessarily be the case. The question is, of
course, what are 'messages'? and how do we differentiate
messages at the human level from 'messages' for instance
at the DNA-level... I suppose biologists know more about
this, as I call it, 'postalic paradigm'
kind regards
Rafael

Prof. Dr. Rafael Capurro, FH Stuttgart, Hochschule der Medien (HdM)
University of Applied Sciences, Wolframstr. 32, 70191 Stuttgart, Germany
E-Mail: capurro@hdm-stuttgart.de; rafael@capurro.de
Tel. : +49 - 711 - 25 706 - 182
Universit�t Stuttgart, Institut f�r Philosophie, Dillmannstr. 15, 70049
Stuttgart, Germany
Private: Redtenbacherstr. 9, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany. Tel.: +49 - 721 -
98 22 9 -22 (fax: -21)
Homepage in German/English/Spanish/French: www.capurro.de
ICIE (International Center for Information Ethics): http://icie.zkm.de