RE: info and physics - from data to date

From: John Holgate <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 24 May 2002 - 06:37:23 CEST

Edwina,

Your 'camera angle' is interesting.

The 'epistemological cuts' you refer to are I assume more
cinematic than surgical...

Can we pan cross to the 'socioconceptual realm' for a moment?

>From a linguistic perspective there does seem to be a deictic shift
involved as we move from your notion of 'informedness' in the domain of
physics to that of chaotic embodied experience ('human jello') and, say,
Freudian psychology where informedness = psychic awareness.

Is your theory equally valid for the domain of human emotions?

How do we, in your view, 'convert' data into sense-data (other than via
the mechanistic information processing model of contemporary psychiatry)?
Is their a Peircean psychology within Secondness to account for the transition?

Please excuse this perslifage but it might illustrate my point :>

'A date is what I refer to as a brief relationship. It is a relationships set up
between one mass (XX) and another mass (XY), where the energy from XY enters the
field of the energy/mass of XX. This brief contact is a date, highly
charged, in present time (brief), highly entropic. Will it be accepted
in full? Rejected in full? Accepted in part? If accepted in part (and
it's never ever accepted in full!)...then, the courtship system will transform
it, 'interpret' it...within its own MORALITY base. As interpreted,
this energy/mass (sex/love) is now a part of XX's and XY's memory.
It is in perfect time, 'held', it is more stable.

How long will they stay together before entropically dissipating?'

Obviously something is lost in the translation here but I think we can jump the divide
and compare cross-disciplinary informatory experience (which includes, say, both protein
binding and psychological 'binding') but I am not convinced that the environment
(or even the system) is making the 'cut'. It is IMO made by the ghost behind the camera
- human consciousness.

Any comments?

John H