Re: Clarifying our aims

From: Fenzl Norbert <[email protected]>
Date: Sun 26 May 2002 - 22:19:03 CEST

Dear Fisers
A comment for Edwina:
I liked your comments to what we call reactive, reflexive and self-reflexive. There is still a lot of brain work to do to clearify these three steps of evolution.

You said:
As for 'mind' - that's a difficult topic. I don't agree with confining Mind to humans. Instead, I see energy/matter relations as operating within Mind, right from the start. NO. This is not God; it is not any a priori design. It is a theory (Peircean, Aristotelian) that all processes are logical; that interactions of matter are not random and haphazard but integrated and co-ordinated by the matter/energy processes themselves. This process of cohesive organization, such that a hydrogen molecule has a functional role in our total world, playing its role among the organisms ..etc.. is what I call Mind. It is an evolutionary process, becoming itself more complex as matter/energy relations become more complex.

With respect to what you said about mind: it sounds really interesting and I certainly will think about it.
Norbert