Re: Next stage, and Q1

From: Gyorgy Darvas <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 24 Jun 2002 - 22:48:36 CEST

At 16:36 20/06/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Now, if self-organization is taken seriously, rather than merely as some
>vaguish metaphor, there must be something that is dissipated to create and
>maintain information. Furthermore, not just any dissipation will do; it
>will have to be dissipation of something of the right sort to permit the
>relevant sort of information to form.. So, rather than give an answer, I
>ask the following questions:
>
>What is dissipated in ....

Dear John, Pedro and FISers,

I agree with your thoughts as you reached to put this question.
I am not sure, I can give a definite answer. I try only to share my thoughts.
A closed system differs from an open one, that there is no exchange of
anything on its boundaries. This means, a closed system does not change
information with its environment either. As I see now (but maybe I am
wrong), as soon as we allow any dissipation (of whatever property) we can
speak about information transmission too. Maybe the essence of providing
information would be in this fact (dissipation of something), and not in
the specification what is dissipated? (Of course, this does not mean, that
any property plays this role, I think only that many properties may do.)
What do you think?

Regards,
Gyuri

Gy�rgy
Darvas <mailto:>darvasg@helka.iif.hu; <mailto:>h492dar@ella.hu
                            http://www.mtakszi.iif.hu/darvas.htm
SYMMETRION http://us.geocities.com/isis_symmetry/ <mailto:>[email protected]
Address: c/o MTA KSZI; 18 N�dor St., Budapest, H-1051 Hungary
Mailing address: P.O. Box 994, Budapest, H-1245 Hungary
Fax: 36 (1) 331-3161 Phone: 36 (1) 312-3022; 36 (1) 331-3975