logic

From: E. Taborsky <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 12 Sep 2002 - 14:12:12 CEST

My problem with Kar'ls suggestion is that it confines the processes
of logic to the human species and only to what are essentially
conceptual processes grounded within the capacity to establish
referential images (secondary images in pictures, words).

My feeling about logic and logical processes is that it is an
inherent process within the cosmos. Energy transforms to matter,
within the establishment of normative habits. These normative
habits of organization are operative within the physico-chemical,
biological and socioconceptual realms. If there were no normative
habits, which set up matter as capable of being in interaction with
other forms of matter - then, our world would operate purely
randomly. Since it doesn't - then - this organization is, in my view,
logical.
I shouldn't say 'in my view', for this view is both Aristotelian and of
course, Peircean.

What is interesting is to explore the dynamics of this logic, how it
evolves, how it changes, how it sets up interactions with other
communities (ie one species to another species), and how it
expresses itself.

Sincerely,

Edwina Taborsky
Bishop's University Phone:(819)822.9600 Ext.2424
Lennoxville, Quebec Fax: (819)822.9661
Canada JIM 1Z7