Re: opinions vs knowledge - The Cave is Constructed

From: Rafael Capurro <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 20 Sep 2002 - 23:06:11 CEST

John,

your reaction is partly a misunderstanding. I am
not argueing in favor of a Kantian dichotomy of
essences ("Ding an sich") and appearances,
I am *just* trying to make the point that, following
the pre-modern concept of *physis* nature can
be experienced as what brings itself forth (in
contrast to what we artificially produce). In this
sense there is no *hermetic* in my position:
just a more *weaken* epistemological position
as the modern one (based on the constructions
of subjectivity). I just say that we can never
know *fully* the nature of what appears as far
as we have no *fundamental knowlege* (=metaphysics)
of the prima principia (Kant: we are intellectus ectypus,
not archetypus). If we give up Kantian transcendental
constructivism we may be much more able to
learn *in-formationally* from what things shows us
to be, particularly when we take different perspectives
with regard to what *to be* is supposed to be.
Rafael