Re: Nature of Counting and FIS

From: Christophe Menant <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 09 Oct 2002 - 22:58:09 CEST

Jerry,
let me propose some answers to your questions

> Christophe:
>
> Thank you for your responses.
> I remain somewhat perplexed concerning the potential relations of
> your MGS and subjectivity.
> When you say (Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:59:07 +0200 (MET DST):
>
> "All components of a signal are information. But an information is
> not always meaningful. Only information that has been produced by
> an Meaning Genarator System (MGS) is meaningful (and there can be
> an infinity of MGSs). The meaning is not "something else" added to
> information that makes it becoming meaningful. The meaningfulness
> of an information comes from the origin of the information."
>
> I ask:
>
> Can you provide an example of an MGS that produces meaningless
> information?

It is the purpose of a MGS to produce a meaningful information
that will allow action implementation for the satisfaction of the
constraint S of the MGS. So it is not in the function of a MGS to
produce meaningless information.
It is to be noted also that action implementation can take place
only in locations where the constraint S exists.
We can call these locations "Domain of Efficiency S". So a
meaningful (S) information can be efficient (S) or not, depending
if it is located in the Domain of Efficiency S or not.
In brief, a MGS produces only meaningful information, but these
meanings can be efficient or not. (if you want to know more on
this, see I.3 in http://www.theory-meaning.fr.st/).

> Can you provide an example of a message that has different meaning
> for two different meaning generating systems?

Indeed, if different MGSs receive the same incident information,
they will produce different meanings.
take the noise of thunderstorm. It will generate different meanings
for a person on the beach or for someone in a house.
Or look also at pheromones left by ants to indicate a possible path
for other ants (the more ants pass on the path, the more pheromone,
the better the path for anthill survival).
Imagine an ant-eater that can smell pheromones. The message "density
of pheromones" will generate different meanings in ants or in
ant-eaters.

> Cheers to All.
>
> Jerry LR Chandler

Regards