Session at INSC 2003

From: Christian Fuchs <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 16 Oct 2002 - 20:53:20 CEST

  Dear colleagues,

  The "International Nonlinear Sciences Conference
  Research and Applications in the Life Sciences 2003" will take place
  on February 7th-9th, 2003 in Vienna (keynote speakers: Hermann Haken, Jack
  Cohen, T�nu Puu).

  For details on the conference see http://insc2003.societyforchaostheory.org/
  and
  http://insc2003.societyforchaostheory.org/CFP.htm#address

  There will be a session on "Foundations of Self-Organisation" at the conference (see the abstract that Wolfgang Hofkirchner and I submitted below). If someone wants to participate in it, please send me an abstract of a contribution per e-mail
  until Friday, October 18th containing: title, author, affiliation (address), abstract (250 word limit), contact information, four keywords.

  I will submit the abstracts I receive altogether.

  If you know other people who would like to join, please forward them this
  email.

  Please let me know if you are interested.

  Christian Fuchs

  Details on the Session:
  Title: Foundations of Self-Organisation
  have been increasingly focussing on self-organisation and complexity
  studies. Although interdisciplinarity is one of the main characteristics of
  self-organisation theory, the approaches are rather scattered and a unified
  theory of self-organisation remains to be established. The aim of this
  session is to explore foundations of such a yet-to-be-developed unification.
  Topics to be covered in this session include:
  *the exploration of the philosophical relationship of self-organisation
  theory and classical, modern and postmodern philosophy
  *the relationship of information and self-organisation
  *differences and similarities between physical, biological and social
  self-organisation

  Christian Fuchs
  Institute for Design and Technology Assessment
  Vienna University of Technology
  Favoritenstr. 9-11
  A-1040 Vienna
  Austria