Re: social and/or general information?

From: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 18 Nov 2002 - 14:58:18 CET

PEDRO writes: - snip...
> .... Maybe a
> mature info science would be able to provide meaningful anticipations on
> social, cultural, political, and environmental concerns within a coherent
> perspective from the two sides. But right now within FIS we may be
> suffering pretty much the same gap than the infamous historical breach
> between natural and social science camps... Am I too wrong?

> all the best
> Pedro
*******
CCHRISTIAN writes: - snip..
>Whenever people
>enter social relationships, an information relationship is established,
>messages, codes, symbols etc. are exchanged. Social information is also an
>objective, reflective social relationship: If actors communicate,
>information exists as an objective relationship between them and this
>relationship involves reflection. Reflection (Widerspiegelung) doesn't mean

Dear Pedro, dear Christian, dear FIS'ers
I think you are damn right. The question is how to see it from more than
just the "two sides" and start to discuss new approaches bringing not only
sciences and sectors, but also "signs" in the sense of Peirce (which I
mentioned in my 5 cents).
May I recommed?:
or the new piece we presented at the FRANKFURT BOOKFAIR in conjuction with
the YEAR OF THE MOUNTAINS:
http://www.inst.at/berge/virtualitaet/benking.htm

If you dare to even take one more step, then you might come to a new book by
GIESECKE on the myth of book culture and the Info-Age. (Suhrkamp-Verlag)
***************
TITLE:
Von den Mythen der Buchkultur zu den Visionen der Informationsgesellschaft -
Trendforschungen zur historischen Medien�kologie. [Info]
Kommunikative Sozialforschung - Hypertexteinf�hrung in die Methoden der
kommunikativen Erforschung interpersoneller Kommunikation.

CD-ROM und Website http://www.mythen-der-buchkultur.de im Rahmen des
Projekts 'Von den Mythen der Buchkultur zu den Visionen der
Informationsgesellschaft'

http://www.kommunikative-welt.de/
***************

We see featured in 06 Dialog - Kommunikation im Zeitalter der Medien�kologie
embodied (leibliche) Communication.
"Der Dialog als Zelle einer �kologischen Kommunikationskultur (cultural
vision) nutzt die Gesamtheit der leiblichen Ausdrucksmedien."

which leads us to new forms of dialogue and expression and synthesis
(subsuming and resonnance) if you want. Maybe you like in thsi context
another
building site. A site ASILOMAR / FUSCHL / IFSR - ISSS- ISI) or annual
forum were
the NEW AGORA was our theme his summer:
http://www.open-forum.de/AGORA-Fuschl2002-lenser-benking.htm
( I cc Christian and Guenther LINZ and Klagenfurt for their information)
with the same icons the broader issues and challenge was covered in the IFSR
Newsletter as A report from ASILOMAR - maybe this is also a way to enter the
"matters":
http://www.ceptualinstitute.com/genre/benking/ifsr/IFSRnov98pp.htm

Michael Giesecke also works with
Theater and Art and the Mozarteum or around Medizin and BALINTGRUPPEN - only
to give idea that we mean all the senses and signs... and do not try to
avoid the social / human dimensions.
If you want you might also enjoy:
http://www.thur.de/philo/Benking/effe_en.html

so see it from more sides we build on Hellmuth PLESSNER and his "exzentric
positionality" - If you want to dig deeper and involve and even base on fields
such as "Ekistics" - let me know.

Cheers

Heiner

PS:
I take the liberty to also CC Prof Giesecke / Univ. Erfurt
He might be able to provide some english texts to teh matter.
What I in particular refer to is what use uses as SOURCE Material, one of
many possible example of what we coul mean by and include in "embodied
communication":

--
my up-dated "background" and "outlooks" at:
http://co-forum.de/index.php4?HeinerBenking