time

From: Edwina Taborsky <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 17 Jan 2003 - 15:20:48 CET

time: progressive, present and perfect, I disagree with Rafael that
"making difference in/with time is a specific human phenomenon
although other beings may deal with time (be-in-time) in different
(other) ways".

In my view, time, like space, is a measurement within the codification
of energy to matter. Codification is a form of measurement, and there
are both spatial and temporal codes of measurement. Therefore, time,
as such a measurement, is a component of material existence. The
conceptual articulation of a material existence/ experience is a
semantic description of that material existence and tries to
re-present that material existence reasonably accurately. But mind
does not (fully) govern matter. No matter how much I point my wand and
say "Ticket- win the lottery! - it doesn't happen. Therefore, the
differences in time are not simply semantic descriptions dependent on
language but are physically real. That is, language or symbolism is
not the origin of temporal realities; they exist in non-linguistic
reality

I think we have to, in contradiction to Rafael, explain causality. Why
has our material world developed itself such that its matter operates
in different modes of time? The DNA code, for example, operates within
a temporal continuity and is protected (to a certain extent I claim
but not fully as some might claim) against the input from matter
encoded in the perfect temporal mode of singular external realities.
That is, the DNA code, measured in progressive time, does not, of
itself have access to matter coded in perfect time. Can an experience,
a strictly internal experience, coded in present time - without
beginning or end - but just the experience of the 'now' - also be
coded in perfect time, the time that operates within a crisp external
description? No. The internal and the external are, physically,
differentiated, and the experience of time is one of the measurements
that enables just a development of gradiation of matter - such that
one 'entity' can exist as such, differentiated from another entity.
The exploration of the these differences in measurement is, I think,
very important.

Edwina Taborsky
39 Jarvis St. #318
Toronto, Ontario M5E 1Z5