Suggest President Bush to let the Inspections Work while searching a peaceful resolution

From: elohimjl <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 20 Jan 2003 - 11:04:34 CET

One colleague from ISSS passed on this message from moveon.org for
others to consider. I am writing a note of my own, which I shall
later show you. I hope and wish everybody may encourage himself or
herself in responding to this to write his or her own words from his
or her heart. Now is certainly the time to do it as soon as possible
which means not unfortunately late

.

Automated message from Moveon.org:

Please join me in signing an online petition asking President Bush
to let the weapons inspections work, rather than rushing to war.
If we don't act now, we could be at war by the end of the month.

Inspections in Iraq have started. Most of us breathed a sigh of
relief. Unfortunately, it's become clear that the ultra-hawks in
the Bush administration -- Cheney, Wolfowitz, Perle -- will not
take yes for an answer. While the rest of the world thinks Iraq
has backed down, these men are pursuing a massive public relations
blitz for war.

With the possibility of a peaceful resolution to this crisis at hand,
we cannot allow a few men to push the world to war. Send a message
to President Bush and Congress to let the inspections work at:

    http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/

MoveOn.org will compile our messages and present them to the
administration, including Secretary of State Powell, to U.N.
Secretary General Kofi Annan, and to members of Congress.

The good news is that the ultra-hawks face some serious opposition.
Secretary of State Colin Powell and other members of the Bush
Administration are willing to give diplomacy a chance, and the State
Department's interpretation of the U.N. resolution is a lot more
reasonable than the White House's interpretation.

President Bush has agreed that war should be the very last resort.
Let's hold him and his Administration to those words:

    http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/

Please join me and sign on today. We must support policy makers who
will oppose these few extremists in the Bush White House who have been
looking for an excuse for war from the very beginning.