FIS2002 in ENTROPY

From: Pedro C. Mariju�n <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 04 Feb 2003 - 14:03:14 CET

Dear colleagues

Yesterday I sent a message to the list proposing a tentative scheme for
having some conventional Proceedings in just three weeks, but the list
server has not distributed it, for 'checksum matching' reasons it says.

Probably the list server is quite wise and the scheme was unworkable.
Rather than Proceedings, a more prudent idea exchanged with Shu-Kun is that
the Journal Entropy publishes a Conference Report comprehending those
papers that can be reasonably processed during the next two weeks.

Then I should receive all these contributing papers as soon as possible,
(necessarily in Word format), I will OK them, or will provide a default
review if necessary, and then the authors have to immediately contact
Shu-Kun about the technicalities related to preparing a final format along
the Entropy standards.

best wishes

Pedro

PS. Following with the suggestions for fis futures by John H and Ted, let
me add the idea, already mentioned months ago, of having an external
invitee, with one or two fisers acting as a sort of 'hosts' and taking care
of moderation; it could be another interesting experience. Then, during
next months any fiser might reserve the list, eg for one month or two, in
order to try that experience, or to attempt any other new modality
conducing to more or less focused discussions as we have had during the
conference sessions. Also, a theme hovering around these messages on fis
futures is whether we should think on having some formal organization,
maybe including a board and a minimal distribution of basic functions (eg,
organization, financing). Keeping a very loose organization has advantages,
but also inconveniences... or is it too premature that we think on a FIS
society?