RE: [Fis] war

From: John Holgate <[email protected]>
Date: Fri 21 Mar 2003 - 03:49:44 CET

Pedro,

Yea to that sentiment.

In our perpetually chaotic world the
transition from a steady state of war to a
finite condition of peace may be as
elusive as our quest for certainties.

Let's not forget that we have a duty to get at
the truth and that 'information' may not necessarily
be one of the good guys.

As Jackson Browne says:

"Give us twenty minutes and we'll give you the world
We bring good things to life
The news you need from people you can count on
Doing what we do best

The heartbeat of America
Your true voice
You're in good hands
Now more than ever before

And in the flickering light and the comforting glow
You get the world every night as a TV show
The latest spin on the shit we're in, blow by blow
And the more you watch, the less you know

Beyond the hundred million darkened living rooms
Out where the human ocean roars
Into the failing light, the generations go
Heading for the information wars."

While TV journalists get up close and personal
in the name of 'information' or wax lyrical about
the resplendent technology let's not forget Wilfred
Owen's dying words -

'The truth of war is in the pity'.

John H