Re: [Fis] Tom Stonier

From: heiner benking <[email protected]>
Date: Sat 10 May 2003 - 11:24:32 CEST

Dear Chris
Dear Ted
I was in Vienna years ago, met Tom and we had a great time together with my
friend FRANZ NAHRADA (to whom I CC:)
Franz might know right-away. I will think about the article and search a
little. MAYBE you can give a littel more context and details and stay in
touch !?

TED WROTE:
> > "Music" of this type exists because self-organizing systems do. The
> > most fundamental operation in any cognitive apparatus (human to
> > molecular) is symmetry-based, which is why Leyton finds group theory
> > natural to describe the aggregative organizing effect of information.
> > Fiber groups lend themselves well to his interest (memory and
> > situation) and my FIS interest (derived abstractions). There are
> > bundles that are formed internal to agents and those collectively
> > among agents. Where Michael doesn't go but FIS must is in looking at
> > how those abstractions define evolutionary mechanics at "lower"
> > levels of governance. And so, here we are with Jerry Chandler's
> > arguments of the importance of categories and functors across
> > abstractions (as bundles).
> >
> > Sorry for the length, Ted
> > --
> > Ted Goranson

Dear TED
Is Artigiani on this list:??? maybe we can connect an old reference in here:
ARTIGIANI / LASZLO:
... Changing Visions': This book, with the sub-title: Human Cognitive Maps -
Past, Present,
and Future', (Laszlo, Artigiani, et al.) is basic to understanding the ...
http://benking.de/meta-paradigm.htm
or here:
Prepared as an Invited Keynote Address: Culture of Peace - ...
... world-views. A good primer for this subject is the book `Changing
Visions'
by Laszlo, Artigiani, Combs, Cs�nyi (1996). The author ...
http://benking.de/Culture_of_Peace.htm

we are one in this, maybe we check out some work we do/did some years ago at
the MOZARTEUM in Salzburg and what we tried in Altenberg at KLI :
*********

I base to some degree on PAUL WEISS and JAY KLINE. Maybe if you know that
you can see pattern fields or overlaying senses with me some day - as in
such
models we can make concrete the individual and collective "access and
assimilation" KLUWER 1989 or so:
GeoJournal 26
The Integrity Papers - James N. Rose, Genre Heiner Benking US Website.
GeoJournal
26.3 323-334 � 1992 (March) Access and Assimilation: Access and
Assimilation: ...
www.ceptualinstitute.com/genre/ benking/aa/acc&assim.htm - 63k - Cached -
Similar pages

visualization.htm
... European Networks (TEN) project, MOSAIC, devoted to Multimedia Access to
Europe's ... e-mail:
kim_veltman@hotmail.com Heiner Benking has an engineering degree and ...
www.ceptualinstitute.com/genre/benking/ visual/visualization.htm

Yes Jerry is a great guy, I think he was with us in Granada last year and
was quite fast "focussing the antennas"...: ISKO, Granada: but I am not sure
(is he part of FIS!??)
http://benking.de/granda2002-dateien/frame.htm
where we focussed on the representation and ethics "conundrum"

I will also CC to PARKER ROSSMAN and ARUN as what you are struggling with
has mcuh to do with the FUTURE OF THE UNIVERSITY project trilogy:
http://ecolecon.missouri.edu/globalresearch/chapters/3-05.html

cheers
Heiner
http://coforum.de/index.php4?HeinerBenking

--
WHAT IS HOT !???
http://coforum.de:80/index.php4?InflictionofSuffering

LETTER To George W.
+
EDUCATION and the WORLD:
http://www.cafeweltgeist.org/htdocs/extra/en_congress_day2.html
Heiner Benking
http://co-forum.de/index.php4?HeBe
"There is no more delicate matter to take in
hand,
no more dangerous to conduct,
no more doubtful of success,
than to step up as a leader in the
introduction of change.
For he who innovates will have for his enemies
all those who are well off under the existing
order of things,
and only lukewarm support in those
who might be better off under the new".
                  Guess who wrote this... (N.M.)
My particular concern is the reception of change
in our genuine thinking and reasoning;
something Bertrand Russel might have called
in "Man's Peril" <newthink> and what we
addressed in "Is Humanity destined to
self-destruct":
http://benking.de/caldwell.html
Bitte l�cheln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!