Re: [Fis] molecular discussion

From: Dr. Shu-Kun Lin <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 02 Jul 2003 - 10:34:10 CEST

Dear Xerman,

Thanks for the comments. I am writing a paper using the established
methods of data compression to calculate the information theoretical entropy
and assess the stability. I am very sure this is the correct approach.
However, there is still a lot to do. What is
the relationship between energy and information related to
molecular recognition? For ideal gas system, energy divided by kT
(k is Boltzmann constant and T the temperature) gives data (information
theoretical entropy S, information I and L=S+I). How about other
cases where the considered system is not an ideal gas system?
Truly a lot to do.

Shu-Kun

--
Dr. Shu-Kun Lin
Molecular Diversity Preservation International (MDPI)