Re: [Fis] molecular discussion

From: John Collier <[email protected]>
Date: Sun 13 Jul 2003 - 12:18:13 CEST

To just ovoid any confusion, I was referring to the specific ideas and
descriptions in the book that was originally cited. Kay expressed
considerable annoyance to me that Jorgenson's book bore a considerable
resemblence to ideas that Eric and he had presented.

John

Professor John Collier
Philosophy, University of Natal
Durban 4041 South Africa
T: +27 (31) 260 3248 / 260 2292
F: +27 (31) 260 3031
email: collierj@nu.ac.za

>>> "jlrchand@erols.com" <jlrchand@pop.mail.rcn.net> 07/11/03 17:54 PM

John:

When you write:

>I just want to point out that the idea was originally due to James
>Kay and Eric Schnieder.

what are you intending to communicate?

Eric Schneider is a long time friend and I wonder if he would be
comfortable with your description.

I vistid Eric about a year ago, and we had a nice time discussign
various issues. I don't know eaht you are referring to.

Have you traced the roots of these concepts?

I don't think that is relevant, since I consider the papers I cited to
contain significant aorifgianl material.

Without mentioning names, several other players in the field of
efforts to create a "quantitative ecology" come to mind.

yes, but the issue in question concerend the use of the term "exergy" in
the context of Schneider and Kay's us of the extension of
Caratheordorie's work, as described by Kestin.

I hope that clears things up.

John