Re: [Fis] Molecular recognition: Similarity rule and complementarity rule (PG or reader must be over 20)

From: Dr. Shu-Kun Lin <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 14 Jul 2003 - 19:49:47 CEST

Dear Pedro,

You listed many pair-wise recognition examples. Thanks! Pedro, can you
complete the list and maintain the list? Actually in many cases
the involved parts are more than 2. The enzymatic system
enzymes/substrates/cofactors/solvent molecules is an example.

Regarding complementarity rule for pairs, the hydrophobic molecular docking
should be included which is very much like sex between male and female.
It is just a non-bonding convex -concave
process. After the satisfactory "recognition", the combined body of the two partners
may become very symmetric and the desire satisfied. (Molecules also have sex).

(Warning: To go on, FISers must remove the filter for their incoming e-mails because
some words in many spam e-mails might be used).

Shu-Kun

--
Dr. Shu-Kun Lin
Molecular Diversity Preservation International (MDPI)