[Fis] continuing the session

From: Pedro C. Mariju�n <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 02 Sep 2003 - 14:40:05 CEST

Dear FISers,

After the vacational pause, it would be time to warm up.

Is there any volunteer contribution to refresh the main problems we were
exploring around molecular recognition? Actually it is amazing that this
very 'frontier' between information physics and bioinformation has been
left largely unexplored in its generality (not of course in the myriad of
particular cases). Getting some further advancement in the
conceptualization of the theme will not be easy, but at least we can try.

Just going back to the fascinating exchanges between Shu-Kun, Igor and
other parties there were quite many threads open. Particularly in the
relationship with enzymes' processing capabilities (and obviously in the
connection with information physics fundamentals). In Bioinformation, I
think another potential inroad could be the relationship of molecular
recognition with the three classical information genera (generative,
structural, communicational) discussed long ago for the living cell...
perhaps starting with the cellular applicability of Michael's theory on
generative processes and finally revisiting Cristophe 'constraints'. And
molecular codes (Sergei, Karl) would be right in the middle.

We may unfold these discussions during this month and good part of October.
Remember that Jerry and Luis are already preparing the next session on
ecological economics (probably to start around the middle of next month).
Interested parties could contact them in anticipation.

very best after-vacation wishes!