Re: [Fis] CONCLUDING THE SESSION

From: S�ren Brier <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 09 Oct 2003 - 09:44:24 CEST

Dear pedro

You wrote: I also would like to argue with Soeren on autopoiesis: does
it really make molecular sense?
My anser: The argument in autopoiesis is that there is a radical shift
because of the closure, and individuals are created. That does not make
sense on a molecular level. It cannot be seen from a molecular level.
There will be some downward causation from the new boudary conditions
controlling for istance the environment that determines how proteins are
folded.

--
Best wishes S�ren Brier
Copenhagen Business School