[Fis] Call for Abstracts: Abstraction and the Emergence of EvolutionaryThinking.

From: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 14 Oct 2003 - 23:10:09 CEST

Dear FIS'ers:

The Washington Evolutionary Systems Society (WESS) is sponsoring a
symposium on:

Abstraction and the Emergence of Evolutionary Thinking.

The final call for abstracts is presented below. Please forward the
call to colleagues who may be interested.

Cheers

Jerry LR Chandler

Dear Colleagues:

This is the final call for abstracts for the Washington Evolutionary
Systems Society conference to be held on Saturday and Sunday, March
20 and 21, 2004. (An electronic copy of the first call is appended
below. Please note the corrected dates. )

Our topic:

"Abstraction and the Emergence of Evolutionary Thinking"

has generated considerable interest across a wide range of
disciplines. We are looking forward to stimulating discussions of
the roots of emergence and the perplexity of evolutionary systems.

We are seeking further contributions from the mathematical, physical,
chemical, biological, biomedical, social and cultural disciplines.
Work that seeks to integrate across disciplines is of particular
interest.

  An abstract of about 500 words is desirable. Submission is by email
only. The heading of your abstract should contain the following
information:

Name
Title
Affiliation
Mail address
Title of Talk
Email address
Telephone number

The new deadline for abstracts is November 15, 2003.

Manuscripts of our symposium will be published by the Washington
Academy of Sciences and electronically distributed at the meeting.
The manuscripts are due Jan. 10, 2004. All manuscripts will be
reviewed.

In addition to this symposium, WESS is also sponsoring at the WAS
meeting a special Memorial Symposium for Professor I. Prigogine who
past away last summer. Professor Prigogine was an honorary member of
WESS.

For further information about the planning for the meeting, Capital
Science,2004, please see the website:

http://www.washacadsci.org

Please direct questions concerning the WESS participation to me at
this email address or call 703-790-1651.

Cheers

Jerry LR Chandler