Re: [Fis] meaning of meaning

From: S�ren Brier <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 11 Feb 2004 - 17:04:49 CET

Dear Loet

I conceive FIS very much as a constructive philosophy of science project
as we are looking for foundations. As you rightly state , then declaring
that you do not believe in any super frame is also declaring a grand
story. it is like the atheist that in his belief that there is not God
actually says: the is not God , and I am his prophet! This goes to show
that we cannot escape philosophical frameworks. Which is another way of
interpreting the linguistic turn. Thus, as Luhmann says, we choose a
difference from which we observe the world. Such a difference is a
certain way of understanding the world and knowledge. Which one to chose
for what purpose is the basis of our discussion, as I understand it.

--
Best wishes S�ren Brier
Copenhagen Business School