Re: [Fis] Meaningful Information vs Information

From: <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 16 Feb 2004 - 19:55:11 CET

Dear Soren,
Let me answer you (my two tickets were rapidly used last week).
Clearly, 2) HAS TO DO with lived meaning: a living system IS a
system having a constraint to satisfy (stay alive). So "meaning"
is with a subject (the living element). But currently the proposed
systemic approach cannot be applied to human as clearly as to
basic life. This because we do not understand clearly enough the
constraints related to human. So I do not want to consider now the
meanings related to qualias, which are human characteristics
("qualitative characteristics of conscious experience").
Remember that this systemic approach is evolutionist.
Steps are:
First modelize "meaning generation" for a simple case (basic life).
Done (see http://crmenant.free.fr/ResUK/index.HTM ).
Then analyse possiblity of application to more complex systems.
You may remember (Biosemiotics 3) I'm working on this extension.
A lot is still to be done, but I'm confident we will get there.
Best
Christophe