Re: [Fis] A definition of Information

From: S�ren Brier <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 23 Feb 2004 - 13:05:24 CET

Dear Stan and Pedro (for your remark on this)

I agree that it seem a good idea to ascribe meaning differently based on
the levels of the hierarchy. But as Pedro remarks : is entropy really
foundational? Shiva is actually the god for both destruction and
creation, because you often have to destroy the old to produce something
new. Peirce see this and says that sometimes the habit formation of
evolution will be broken and some new connection be constructed.

But Stan; being a Peircian pansemiotician how can you put the second law
over the law of mind (the tendency to produce habits) and the fact that
the pure feeling of Firstness is behind and in everything. This view
does not attack the foundational character of the second law for the
irreversibility of evolution and establishing the arrow of time in
physics, but it does give a new perspective on meaning and Cosmogony.

--
Best wishes S�ren Brier
Copenhagen Business School