Re: [Fis] A definition of Information

From: Rafael Capurro <[email protected]>
Date: Mon 23 Feb 2004 - 15:26:20 CET

Soeren,

meaning, I mean, (implicit or explicit) linguistic meaning, is in itself a
high complex phenomenon as we know it from hermeneutics since centuries... I
believe that is, on the contrary, not only simlplistic but *misleading* to
try to find an *explanation* of this reducing concepts to signs, signs to
forms, forms to energy, energy to... i.e. to more an more *simple*
phenomena, which are indeed also highly complex. In other words, we would
try to explain a complex phenomenon that we do not even *master* it itself,
by leting it *follow* from another phenomenon that we also do not understand
well and at the end saying that we have a general theory of things, because
all things are signs that develop themselves *like this*...
cheers
Rafael