AW: [Fis] Re: order/disorder/causality/Predictability - freedom

From: Karl Javorszky <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 05 May 2004 - 20:16:10 CEST

Michel and Viktoras,

let me comment on this citation:

>Thus order of a perfect system would be equal to 1, order of
> chaotic mixture of some independent non interacting parts eq 0.

Let me please suggest that we
generate the construct of "PERFECT SYSTEM";
        we visualise it to be somewhere in the middle of a continuum;
        we name one end of the continuum "a chaotic mixture of some
independent non-interacting parts";
        we name the other end of the continuum "a mechanic interdependence
of predictably interacting non-independent parts";
        we assign 0 to one end, 1 to the other end
        and have a value S between 0 and 1 which is neither under- nor
overregulated.
What we can fruitfully look into, is how the numbers interact and which
region we call "region S", where a bunch of forms and kinds of "PERFECT
SYSTEMS" can be found.

The opposite of non-interdependence is dependence, not the perfect system.
The PS is autoregulated: in parts predictable, in parts new, creatively
non-predictable (stochastic). The probabilistic touch comes into play as we
translate the group structures on the set into neighbourhood relations of
elements of a sequence. In dependence of how many inclusion-exclusion
relations we have on the set as a contemporary assembly we find a specific
number of possible neighbourhood relations in a linear arrangement of the
elements. The proportion between congruent and non-congruent descriptions of
the state of the set, as rendered in the two basic approaches (transversal
or longitudinal) allows us to agree on such a degree of predictability as we
shall encouner the mainstream of. We may pick the most usual and denote that
range as "perfect". It will have many forms. The perfect system is not one
(1) kind of, but can come in a great diversity of appearances. It is the
proportion between independent - predictable - dependent that makes the
system autoregulated (homeostatic). And if we choose 0 and 1 as the extrema,
this PS range will be somewhere near the dependent end, but not in the
ultimate mechanic perfection.

Karl"
-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----