Re: [Fis] Re: order/disorder/causality

From: Viktoras Didziulis <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 06 May 2004 - 06:39:03 CEST

Let's define a perfect system as the system composed of elements with
perfect" interaction (e.g. unbroken communication, feedback loops, energy
transfers, etc...). Which would mean that no one attempt to communicate or
interact among the elements fails.
chaotic mixture - sorry for the "chaotic" here, it would be more correctly
saying "random". So "random mixture" - a set of elements that neither can
interact nor form any functional system. Let's say we have a functional
clock that weights 0.5 kg. As far as it is "going" - it is nearly a perfect
system (degree of order~1). It probably has to be a perfectly precise to be
a completely perfect system. Now let's put the clock into a bag and smash it
over the ground, or drop it from a balcony from the 20-th floor (the same
experiment could be performed with computer too :-) ). A totality of parts
that will remain will still weight 0.5 kg. In some cases more or less energy
will be released. But as those details do not compose a working system - the
object named "a clock", they are just a "random mixture" of parts. However
from a physical point of view both weight 0.5 kg and as the I-st law of
thermodynamics is not violated and this is not a thermonuclear blast with
mass transforming to energy - there is no difference between the two. The
only difference then is that the result of this experiment (a collection of
broken elements) can not be forced to make a system measuring the time again
(degree of order = 0).

Whoops, this is my 3 posting this week. I will be silent until the next or
more...

With best regards
Viktoras