Re: [Fis] bioinformation and entropy

From: Stanley N. Salthe <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 13 May 2004 - 23:03:52 CEST

Concerning Kevin's very nice summary of Mike Conrad's thinking, I would
only add that I have always felt that his entire ouvre was a gigantic
elaboration of Ross Ashby's principle of requisite variety.

Anyway, here again "quantum entropy" is mentioned. Evidently it is just an
extrapolation of pLnp entropy, and presumably it ties in with temperature
as well. But, I would like to know -- are there conditions in which it
MUST increase? If not, I would dispute its being a bonafide entropy.

STAN