RE: [Fis] Information and communication

From: Loet Leydesdorff <[email protected]>
Date: Wed 19 May 2004 - 10:11:17 CEST

Dear Michel,

Chaos can perhaps be defined as the maximum entropy of the universe. How
the universe is defined depends on one's theoretical perspective, isn't
it? Order cannot emerge without a selection operating. The specification
of the selection mechanism shapes the theoretical perspective.

For example, in the case of the discourse of physics chaos can be
identified with the heat death of the (physical) universe. But this is
conceived with the arrow of time. Order is emergent against the arrow of
time within the flux of the entropy.

I doubt that I am allowed to post this at the list, but I'll keep my
mouth until next week. Period!

With kind regards,

Loet