AW: [Fis] definition(s) of disorder/chaos

From: Karl Javorszky <[email protected]>
Date: Thu 27 May 2004 - 12:36:08 CEST

Shu-Kun:
A small suggestion for discussion:
When order and other concepts are defined in a quantitative way (how
much is it?)
and relative way (which one has more chaos?), very simple examples
should be given.
Shu-Kun

Contribution:
Very simple example:

take a set of n objects. Investigate the collection of symbols on a most
usual fragmentational state.
Linearise the objects.
Count, how many have a place with tension in the extent of: a) no, b) unit,
c) multiples of unit.
This measure has a distribution.
Call the range where measure minimal (where the objects fit to their places
nicely / most) as "ordered". Call other ranges "less ordered".

Karl